• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255 Wake Edition

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I think so! the last time I drove my 195 I traded was last fall, so some time has passed...but the IST really is smooth and easy to shift forward-reverse... I also really like the ability to adjust your bucket to get to true neutral... I was at the dock with the engines running and the boat just stayed put...really amazing.

As far as the touchscreen, the features I liked the most about it which is what sold me was the video inputs - I'm having my go-pro installed/mounted/hooked up to the dash...the other feature I really liked was the ability to control the stereo and volumes/etc on the screen - I hated the remote that didn't tell you what you were doing - the small things :) was it worth 3 grand? Prob. not - but cool, yes :)

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Is the upgraded stereo in the 2016 different and better than the one in our 2014's?

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish a company would make a reverse bucket like that for all Yamaha boats. I would buy one for sure.

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@luanders is the upgraded stereo in the 2016's different or better than the one in the 2014?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I wish a company would make a reverse bucket like that for all Yamaha boats. I would buy one for sure.
I wonder if there would be copyright issues?
Doesn't the high end yamaha ski's have a similar bucket?

luanders

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Shane Scarab the stereo is the same kicker stereo as the 2014-- I opted to order the factory stereo and am in the middle of a stereo upgrade to Roswell elites and neptunes. Will post pics this week. Should have back by Friday!!!

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
That will be very cool to see, I will look for your pictures