• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 285!!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You are not commercial I would run till pulled over if towing with a non commercial vehicle.

Geeman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I think I already saw the285, and thepromo for it, with all the specs etc. I'll see if I can find them again, and post. As I recall, the helm was kind of 90's looking with a bunch of toggles and such. Maybe the final product will be different. I'm a dinosaur, but I love my touch screen, although I'm still trying to figure it out! My adult kids promise to help when college breaks for th summer!!

Mike 242X

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here are the photos of the Volvo Penta tabs on my Scarab 215
Hi John
Great boat and install…
I have a 2021 Scarab 255 Open ID and noticed that you need 3.9” from the bottom of the hull to mount the QL 300 Interceptors on the stern according to the install manual? I measured my area by the heat exchangers where you mounted yours and only have 3.7” of surface to mount them. They would therefore extend past the hull and would cause drag.
Are the QL 300s less the 3.9”?
Thanks in advance….