• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab LED Lights

BocaScarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are the interior lights blue only on an Impulse?

How about just the HO ?

Ray Rosas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
From Scarab, there are blue dot LED around the floor and they are only solid BLUE. All the Kicker speakers "were" wired solid blue but if you pull them out they have RGB all color wires.
To make them function you need to simply wire them with RBG wires (Black,RED,Green,Blue) to this Kicker KMLC remote http://www.kicker.com/41KMLC
After that you are set for solid color change or multi functioning lights. I have a 2017 but I know 2016 have the exact same speakers, not sure about older models. Last the remote RF cable included just needs 12v power, I set it to the same blue floor LED power & ground. The under water lights are RGB drain plugs on mine. I had the dealer install these. .... Each have 9 LED and I have 2 drain plugs.... forgot to add...the solid line you see on the lower tower section is a led strip. my 195 has the new 2017 tower similar to the 255 tower on 2016s, so I have a great mounting spot there tucked away.

Ray Rosas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Are the interior lights blue only on an Impulse?

How about just the HO ?

saw that last part of your question... LED on HO or only on Impulse... I actually have the Platinum with a tower added and premium sound set up, so I might not be the best person to answer if the Blue interior LED were included or a true upgrade. sorry about that part

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
From Scarab, there are blue dot LED around the floor and they are only solid BLUE. All the Kicker speakers "were" wired solid blue but if you pull them out they have RGB all color wires.
To make them function you need to simply wire them with RBG wires (Black,RED,Green,Blue) to this Kicker KMLC remote http://www.kicker.com/41KMLC
After that you are set for solid color change or multi functioning lights. I have a 2017 but I know 2016 have the exact same speakers, not sure about older models. Last the remote RF cable included just needs 12v power, I set it to the same blue floor LED power & ground. The under water lights are RGB drain plugs on mine. I had the dealer install these. .... Each have 9 LED and I have 2 drain plugs.... forgot to add...the solid line you see on the lower tower section is a led strip. my 195 has the new 2017 tower similar to the 255 tower on 2016s, so I have a great mounting spot there tucked away.
Where is the power located I added 4 more tower speakers and a solo baric 12 with the LeD grill and wired all the rgb colors in, just wondering where you tapped into the power

Attachments

Rusty Fishook

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
SPOLLY, did you find a spot for a 2nd battery? any pics ? I haven't yet but I don't leave my sound on when anchored until I do. I thought about turning the mounted one sideways and seeing if a second one then fit next to it...any thought?

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
SPOLLY, did you find a spot for a 2nd battery? any pics ? I haven't yet but I don't leave my sound on when anchored until I do. I thought about turning the mounted one sideways and seeing if a second one then fit next to it...any thought?
Yea I mounted it in the compartment behind the drivers seat, I also added a selector switch I can take a picture of that way I select 1 or 2 or both, I ran the output back to the factory switch I’ll also take pics of where I placed it. The sub I put in sounds awesome, more then likely replacing the sub that came with the boat with a Solo baric L7 8 inch sub

Attachments

Rusty Fishook

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yea I mounted it in the compartment behind the drivers seat, I also added a selector switch I can take a picture of that way I select 1 or 2 or both, I ran the output back to the factory switch I’ll also take pics of where I placed it. The sub I put in sounds awesome, more then likely replacing the sub that came with tsub
Is that SOLO marine or water proof?... that spot always gets hit with water over the front when you crash wakes. I'm just ordered2 of the new Freeair Kickers Marine subs 2x 12" . Mounting 1 in the current 8" factory sub location and the other on the opposite side. . If I get my battery idea to work both in back I'll post pics. The SOLO may have looked better because its in a squared shape area but I wanted to run free air without the enclosure required and much less power draw. (here is the link incase anyone wasn't aware of these. ) http://www.kicker.com/km-freeair-subwoofers

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Is that SOLO marine or water proof?... that spot always gets hit with water over the front when you crash wakes. I'm just ordered2 of the new Freeair Kickers Marine subs 2x 12" . Mounting 1 in the current 8" factory sub location and the other on the opposite side. . If I get my battery idea to work both in back I'll post pics. The SOLO may have looked better because its in a squared shape area but I wanted to run free air without the enclosure required and much less power draw. (here is the link incase anyone wasn't aware of these. ) http://www.kicker.com/km-freeair-subwoofers

This freeairs look sweet, I wish I knew about the HLCD’s before I put the four up I did. The Solo is rated for marine use, atleast the L7’s are. I used two kxm1200.1 amps, I’ll use the second once I throw the the solo 8 in there.
The reason I put the sub where I did is because it’s the only place to fit a 12 inch sub, so before you buy those make sure to measure cause I had the same idea as you. A round 10 will fit but I don’t think a 12 will. I could be wrong.

Spolly

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I left the existing battery cutoff switch and added a selector switch. The second batter is under the bench behind the drivers seat.

Attachments

rudyv1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Does anyone know how to actually turn the LED lights ON?
They don't come on when the stereo is on (and my boat has them).
I've tried all the nav light and courtesy light switches too.
User error I'm sure. Thank you all

Ray Rosas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does anyone know how to actually turn the LED lights ON?
They don't come on when the stereo is on (and my boat has them).
I've tried all the nav light and courtesy light switches too.
User error I'm sure. Thank you all
I think I answered this on a different post by accident-
if you bought it used they may have been changed form factory static blue and some added an RGB color controller that uses a remote control. The controller is only $30ish bucks by Kicker in case you need to replace it. Kicker makes same looking speakers withOUT LEDS. look at the back of one and if you see the RGB wires than your good if you DONT, then you don't have any LEDs in the speakers. I upgrade my Scarab to a Glaston GT 229 to and I use a multi-zone controller...thsi is what that looks like - I moved all my Scarab Kicker to my Jeep. I only use WETS SOUNDS now. 1000% better

20200508_215713.jpg

rudyv1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
My kicker speakers are the correct LED ones, with the RGB wires (Photo attached).
Still can't get them to turn on on matter what I do in terms of the dip switches on the boat for the lights.
Quite the mystery indeed.

Attachments

Guyn27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
My kicker speakers are the correct LED ones, with the RGB wires (Photo attached).
Still can't get them to turn on on matter what I do in terms of the dip switches on the boat for the lights.
Following I am having the same trouble my boat has it I bought it used but I don’t know how to turn them on….HELP!!!!

Guyn27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Following in having the same issue

Guyn27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I think I answered this on a different post by accident-
if you bought it used they may have been changed form factory static blue and some added an RGB color controller that uses a remote control. The controller is only $30ish bucks by Kicker in case you need to replace it. Kicker makes same looking speakers withOUT LEDS. look at the back of one and if you see the RGB wires than your good if you DONT, then you don't have any LEDs in the speakers. I upgrade my Scarab to a Glaston GT 229 to and I use a multi-zone controller...thsi is what that looks like - I moved all my Scarab Kicker to my Jeep. I only use WETS SOUNDS now. 1000% better

20200508_215713.jpg
How did you turn them on? What switch is it? I bought a used 2017 and I know it has them but I can’t figure out how to turn them on….HELP! 🙏

Guyn27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
To make them function you need to simply wire them with RBG wires (Black,RED,Green,Blue) to this Kicker KMLC remote KICKER | KMLC LED Lighting Remote
Do you operate the leds by a remote? Is there a switch on the boat itself? I have a 2017 and cannot figure it out….HELP 🙏