• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab onboard tool kit

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Putting together a kit for my 2014 195 HOI.
Is there anything on the boat (other than spark plugs) that is SAE, or is it all Metric

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't know, but when considering that, be sure you account for any addons you did to the boat. I got a mixed kit for mine because, while all (most?) of the stock stuff is metric, there are a few additions I did that have SAE bolts and such.

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Don't know, but when considering that, be sure you account for any addons you did to the boat. I got a mixed kit for mine because, while all (most?) of the stock stuff is metric, there are a few additions I did that have SAE bolts and such.
Great point. I have both, but was hoping to reduce the amount of stuff! ☹

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah. Me, too.

I failed.

rayski

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I’ve read that there are those who have and those who will....suck up a rope. I have not.
But I purchased some insurance. I have a couple pair of very long nose needle nose pliers and just stumbled across this set of 14” length picks. Here ropey, ropey!!

Attachments

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, don't tempt the rope. Knot a good idea.

(but I like the picks--handy for getting off hoses, too)

BDOne

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve read that there are those who have and those who will....suck up a rope. I have not.
But I purchased some insurance. I have a couple pair of very long nose needle nose pliers and just stumbled across this set of 14” length picks. Here ropey, ropey!!
I started a thread on this a while back. There might be some useful ideas in there for you.