• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab Rotax 200 HP Intercooler Questions

superboop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Have 200 HP Scarab 255 so twins. Apparently these are internally intercooled but I can find anything in the service manual of where the intercoolers are located and how to clean them. Right now once the engines are up to temp if I go WOT both engines will rev up to 8k rpm but after about 10 seconds the starboard engine will get a service light and PO127 will come across the screen: High intake air temp. Problem is I can't find how you are suppose to flush this circuit in the manual. Is it just the normal exhaust.

The my knowledge, the intercooler is part of the exhaust system indeed. Potential clog along that line? The engine is cooled by antifreeze.

Knowing nothing about Scarabs, but history would tell me given the NOTE on there: your first check should probably be that sensor, especially if you are in salt water.

P.S. You can go to your profile and input where you are, which gives us a clue on such things and also lets you find others near you.

The intercooler is flushed when you flush the exhaust with the hose, the exhaust and intercooler are on the same circuit. The procedure is described in the user manual.

The intercooler (1) on the 200HP engine is on the intake manifold of the engine. You will see two hoses facing you, the lower hose (3) is the intake.

Either there is something in the intercooler blocking it or in the intake screen. The intake screen is visible from the jet nozzles inside at about 12 o'clock position.

Last edited:
This is amazing info, thank you! I couldn’t find this anywhere in the service manual depicting the intercooler on 200 hp.

Hi there, new to the jet boat world and hoping someone on this thread could be of help. I have the 1503 4-tec (chaparral vortex) and am throwing the PO127 when getting to about 8k RPM (which then limits the RPM to 6k). After researching a bit, Im pretty comfortable saying its a faulty intake sensor (seems like a common problem); and after fighting with my dealer for 3 weeks just trying to get the right part I have it. I was wondering if anyone of you have replaced the sensor yourself and could provide some tips/guidance. My dealer again, is being less than helpful.

Thank you for that! It was very helpful. However, my local dealer ordered the wrong part…. They order a part number 460317 and it is a sensor but doesn’t fit the MATS coupling. Does the service manual have an associate parts number for that?

epc.Brp.com

select Rotax JPS, AA=2014, AB=2015, etc. But get your engine model number.

Then keep drilling down your HP, type... Finally, intake manifold. Part 9 I believe is what you want.

Following, did this resolve your issue? Where did you find the part? Looks like part#0460681 ?

Back