• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab seats

BLMay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Hello all.first time here nice to meet all. Does anyone know how to remove the bottom seat cushions on a 2015 Scarab 165 jet boat?

With great difficulty. The middle seat, I presume you know, but in case... can just be popped off. It pulls straight upward with no tools required. It's designed that way.

The two side seats on the other hand.... there are three bolts. TWO located toward the front of the seat and one toward the back. The back on can be accessed relatively easily by being an acrobat and reaching under the storage bag. The bolts towards the middle of the boat (near the cup holders in between the seats), can be accessed relatively easily through those cup holders. If you pop them off, you'll be able to access the bolt there.

The third bolt on the other hand......... is in the far corner with no access. I haven't tried, but I think you need some sort of special, long adapter to reach that far back. Ideally electric.... even if you get that off, you still have to get the nut back on (assuming you want it put back together the same way and not just leave it without a nut there). So it means you have to somehow get the thread going..... with no hands. So I'm not sure the trick.....

FYI, the Scarab section of this forum has way more Scarab folks watching it. So if you want more traction on your Scarab specfic posts, post there.

Thank you very much,I was afraid of that.
But glad I didn't just bull into it,I have a tendency to be heavy handed....thanks for the save?

Back