• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab wake tower speakers

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Anyone know which JL tower speakers come with a new Scarab? I have ordered a 2023 215. It's built, at the dealer, and just waiting to finish up the financing paperwork. I'll take delivery in the spring (the dealer will store it for the winter). I ordered it without the tower speakers because I think I can get them cheaper than what Scarab wants.

I think these are the ones that come with it:

If so, then I'll have saved ~$400 by ordering and installing them myself. Or, get a bigger/better pair for about the same price. This is what I did with my 195.

dwillson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Yes I believe the M3 JL's are the ones that come with it. Those are the ones that came on my 2021 215ID. They get the job done as long as your are not looking to drown out everyone else at the sandbar. If I was building a system from scratch I would go with JL M6 series (8.8"), Kicker 9", or Wet Sounds Rev 8's. They are all around $1500 a pair. I have had JL 6 series on a previous boat that they do blow the JL M3 series away if you compare them. My stereo guy where I live said the new Kicker tower speakers with go toe to toe with any of them. Once you get out on the water and park your boat and start tipping some drinks back, not sure it really makes a difference. I have thought about upgrading my M3's because I am a bit of a stereo freak, but honestly the stock system does everything I need it to so spending the money doesn't make sense. Where the better speakers will really make a difference is when you wakeboard or wake surf and you want the person doing it to be able to hear the music. Then it is best to go with as loud/powerful as you can get.