• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scratch's in gel coat....what do you think?

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wondered if you had @Glassman ... did you get it from AB Marine? I think I am going to go ahead and try it, $24 is nothing compared to what we usually spend on our boats for maintenance.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wondered if you had @Glassman ... did you get it from AB Marine? I think I am going to go ahead and try it, $24 is nothing compared to what we usually spend on our boats for maintenance.
I got it from the manufacturer down under. :cool:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a few scrapes/scratch's that I acquired last season. What would be the best way to clear these up? I have a few around the boat but these are the worst ones. I'm guessing my wife did this. ;-)

T h a n k s !
You better scuttle the boat and start over.

;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. I would follow Glassman's direction, he knows his glass.

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got it from the manufacturer down under. :cool:
Ordered from AB Marine today... I'll post updates and pics when I do the repairs. Thanks!

tomcoombs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I took care of some minor dings, scratches and bottom scrapes today.

We have beached the boat several times on the local sandbars and peanut island, lesson learned, should have installed a keel guard (don't today also). It's amazing how quickly the sand took of the gelcoat on the front portion of the keel.

I laid down some Spectrum patch paste, on the keel and in a couple of scratches and the color match to the boat was perfect. Big lesson here. Just use as much gel as you think you need, you can always go back and add more, but taking it off with the sander is a laborious task.

I used 3m's cutting compound and Finesse it to finish the surface and it came out just great! I installed a 9' Keel Shield also so we won't have to worry about this again.

I used the 3m compound on some dock rash also, and it came out without anything except a good compounding and finishing.

My only problem now is a couple of damaged stickers...

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got pics?

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone know if Yamaha has a color match for the 2016 black hulls? I have some scratching on the bow from rubbing against the dock that I want to try and get out.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wet sanded and buffed some similar scratches out of my black boat..