• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Screws for fuel tank cover. 2008 sx 230

Matvance343

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just removed the fuel tank cover on my 2008 sx 230. Finding the right bit was a chore, (Amazon) but I had one that was stripped out. All the rest came out with ease. I don’t want to replace them all since all but one are still perfect. Anyone know where I can get them? These older boats are getting tough to locate parts. Thank you in advance

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
YamahaSportsPlaza

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you don't mind, can you share the link to the socket you used? I tried just using keystock and it didn't work great. Thanks in advance.

Matvance343

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you don't mind, can you share the link to the socket you used? I tried just using keystock and it didn't work great. Thanks in advance.
You can get it on Amazon. It’s a Robinson #4 square bit. I replaced them with a Phillips head.

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you very much! I had no idea, I looked all over Ace, Menards, the Depot and came up empty handed.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I replaced my bolts with stainless hex head & washer(Regular headed bolt). Can find them at nearly every hardware store and so far after 4+years, no complaints.

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's my plan, read all the horror stories about getting the old ones out. I tried one and couldn't get it with a piece of keystock and kinda put it on the back burner.