• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sea Deck vs Marine Mat

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
I noticed Jet Boat Pilot has switched over from sea deck to marine mat (not sure when this took place). Anyone have any experience is one better than the other?

I went with SeaDek and love it so far.

I can't speak for Will, as a retailer, he will have to put money on the horse he brought to the race, and that's marine mat at this time.

But I don't think they made a switch due to quality, but rather availability. It was not long ago, that lead times were so far out, that customers were going elsewhere with their flooring business. It's at that time, that a retailer may have to switch gears just to have something to offer.

I agree with the others, there may be little difference in quality. I have seen quite a few other offerings made with this product from Will, since switching. And I'm not sure it's due to a change in his processes or the product just being easier to work with. Could be that they realized the demand for it once it was not available.

I don't think a person can make a bad choice.

Marine Mat is what the Yamaha's come with. I have the warm interior and received a couple pieces and samples of Sea Dek last year from JBP but they just weren't a close enough match. As soon as they offered Marine Mat I ordered the pieces I wanted which match.

Marine Mat is what the Yamaha's come with. I have the warm interior and received a couple pieces and samples of Sea Dek last year from JBP but they just weren't a close enough match. As soon as they offered Marine Mat I ordered the pieces I wanted which match.
Not all Yamahas, only the higher end models. The 210 series has some stuff called hydro turf or something on the swim platform

Not all Yamahas, only the higher end models. The 210 series has some stuff called hydro turf or something on the swim platform
Thanks, didn't know that.

Back