• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sea rayder f16 xr ignition problems

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
My F-16 runs good at idle, runs good at high speed, but it is somewhat erratic at mid-range. But the biggest problem is lately after running for 15 or 20 minutes cuts off completely and has no spark. After several hours it will start again and run fine. Does anyone know what would cause this?

Jeff Nelson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't know if your boat has a tachometer but a faulty tachometer can back feed voltage to the coil or ignition module. Unplug the signal wire that feeds the tach and see if the problem goes away. In think it's a purple wire.

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
Don't know if your boat has a tachometer but a faulty tachometer can back feed voltage to the coil or ignition module. Unplug the signal wire that feeds the tach and see if the problem goes away. In think it's a purple wire.
I had already eliminated the tachometer. I was wondering if it could be the stator overheating?