• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

(Seadek installed) Got the layout sent in for my custom seadek

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just one word. Amazing. Looks so legit compared to carpet. I showed the wife. We may have this project in our near future.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Would it be an exact match to the grey stuff I already have on swim platform of my 2015 SX 210 or would I need to re-do the swim platform also to match?

Last edited:

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Would it be an exact match to the grey stuff I already have on swim platform of my 2015 SX 210 or would I need to re-do the swim platform also to match?
It is fairly close. I was told that it will darken up to match once it starts to get some sun and water on it.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you have time would you mind posting a pic standing from swim platform if you can get swim platform and some of the other into one pic to see difference. Also would you mind posting a pic of bow pieces up front. Thanks!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BlackandTan yes that could be done. Not many have asked for it so we never added it to the kit.

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot I plan on jumping in on the group buy for a cockpit kit and have been wondering if strips next to the gas tank lid could be added too. Main benefit I see is it will cover the carpet snap holes in that area.

Should we just add this to the request when ordering ?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes @Pullen724 that will be fine. We will just need the dimensions, length and width.

bobs4state

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
The solid sections look so much better than mine! Looks great. Congrats!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We would be glad to sell kits for $900 each and cut the pads without the part breaks, but to try to make the price as affordable as possible we opted to break the parts for max yield per sheet which helped us keep the kit prices lower.

His kit was likely 3 full sheets of material whereas ours is 2.5 on the same boat. That half sheet savings is where we justify the price break.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@BlackandTan yes that could be done. Not many have asked for it so we never added it to the kit.
I have a '14 242 ls, please let me know how to go about ordering. I can call the JBP number, just need to know if there is a part number or a specific description. Thanks!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BlackandTan call my office today at 850-867-1410 and we'll get you setup. Thanks!