• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seat cushion restraints

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe someone has posted this before but I did not see it. So with that said, I don't know why it has taken me 10 years to do this. Lol!

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
great idea!

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They have certainly tried to fly out several times over the years. I have always used Velcro to hold them down but I was getting tired of continually replacing the Velcro strips so I thought that I would give this a try. I am towing from NC down to Siesta Key on Sunday so I will find out if this setup works.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
there was a thread on here about someone losing a cushion while trailering, if that is a common occurrence, this setup should be mandatory if you trailer without a cover.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I always use the towing cover on mine when towing as it seems that after a day on the water, there's at least 6 wet towels, several wet lifejackets, ropes, tow ropes, pull toys, and other stuff that I don't want to store in the dry compartments.

I'm always amazed that you guys can put all that stuff inside seats and manage to keep all those storage compartments dry and mold-free...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please keep us posted how they perform. My go-to lake is about 45 minutes and sometimes I'm lazy and don't want to deal with the shipping cover. I'm always nervous my cushions will fly out but so far I've been lucky.

I always use the towing cover on mine when towing as it seems that after a day on the water, there's at least 6 wet towels, several wet lifejackets, ropes, tow ropes, pull toys, and other stuff that I don't want to store in the dry compartments.

I'm always amazed that you guys can put all that stuff inside seats and manage to keep all those storage compartments dry and mold-free...
I never put anything wet back in a storage compartment. If it's wet it gets tossed in the ski locker and I'll deal with it when I get home. No way I'm going to voluntarily get my carpets wet if I can help it. I use a large clear plastic bin in a rear storage to keep my fenders and wet ropes or dock lines in so that they don't touch the carpet while wet.

If you have wet storage compartments use StarBrite No-Damp or similar product. They absorb a lot of water and they are what I use for winter storage.

Last edited:

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will definitely chime in on the Results of my experiment.

atldude

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe someone has posted this before but I did not see it. So with that said, I don't know why it has taken me 10 years to do this. Lol!
Great tip!

I really like your boat's upholstery btw. Did you get it done somewhere or did you buy the boat with it like this. Looks really nice!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That upholstery looks just like mine - stock!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It's more pool noodle mods!
I trailer without a cover because I have yet to find one that lasts past a season. My snap on bow cover has done well but has stretched slightly from driving but we try to keep the jackets or a tube under it to support when on highway. Still, we ditch it more than we use it and I find that everything drys out pretty well after driving a few hours in the sun down the highway. I may "manufacture" something simple like this to do the same thing because even though mine haven't flown out, it would actually be a good idea to perhaps build it so it supports the bow cover as well! Then, on the water it could be used as a good little tent area too. My kids go under the snap on bow cover and are really rough on it so maybe this would help it all out!

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great tip!

I really like your boat's upholstery btw. Did you get it done somewhere or did you buy the boat with it like this. Looks really nice!
Thanks! It's all stock. The stitching has started to come apart in a couple of places and I have tried my best to repair and keep it looking its best but I know that I am just prolonging the inevitable. I'm going to have to find a decent upholstery shop within the next couple of seasons.

atldude

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow it's held up very nice being this old! Mine's not this good looking. Though in my defense I just bought the boat last year from someone who apparently didn't have the slightest thought of proper maintenance :) the plan's to address the upholstery this winter and I'm really looking forward to it!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm jealous of you guys with the older cushions. I swear they look so much thicker and comfier than the newer upholstery.

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, I just got back from Florida. 1500 miles round trip and my cushions didn't move at all. I was always concerned about losing a cushion and now I have one less thing to worry about while towing. :)