• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seat support broken, any ideas?

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have this issue with their seat? I’m debating on how I’ll keep it supported better. Build a small frame to slide under there maybe? I don’t think I can get a replacement but haven’t looked too far into it yet.

42A9BC69-9806-4200-8ABA-8C10D37440A2.jpeg

57FFC681-13F7-4ED0-A876-748381933E0F.jpeg

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited:

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm sure if you took the cushion to an upholstery shop they would be able to tear it down, replace the broken piece for you if your not comfortable doing it yourself. I would use a hard plastic similar to cutting board material.
Ya I will probably just take it somewhere to get it professionally fixed, the wife would be mad if I tried to do it myself and made it worse 😂

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the same issue. A former work friend who was a fatass knelt on it and cracked it like week 2 of owning it. I tried epoxy, that didn't work. I've always planned to drill a long hole in it and secure it with a long stainless steel screw. Unfortunately, that whole thing is a big ass piece of plastic, so a fix is... Difficult.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used JB weld and put the piece back together. It seems to be holding just fine. If it gives way, I’d consider drilling and putting a metal bracket on the backside to support it.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well… it lasted two outings
Bummer man, I’m probably going to just go ahead and build some sort of frame to support it.. Maybe when we get it professionally fixed they can get a stronger support but who knows if that will hold up either over the years..

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, time for an update…. Rednecked a crate with some pool noodles & tape… Perfect fit! Tested it out with all 160lbs of me plopping down on it and it seems sufficient, I’ll probably beef up the one side with some 2x4s if I have some laying around. We were gonna go with a milk crate but I kept measuring it and seemed like it was going to be too tall.. At least this way we can still use it for some storage. Maybe the next trip to Walmart we will get some colored tape 😂😂
55C65F33-6343-46FD-AC08-2EACB48348EA.jpeg
3F61FAAE-C5CF-4625-9DA5-5EACC82F6987.jpeg

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I use a marine igloo rotomolded cooler there, works pretty well, haha.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a marine igloo rotomolded cooler there, works pretty well, haha.
*subtly writes cooler on tomorrow’s Walmart shopping list* 😂😂

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone had luck with the plastic piece repair itself? Maybe drill thru and place some sort of pin in there and JB weld again...

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't believe that there is going to be a "fix" for the plastic piece if it's broke. Too much stress/pressure on it if there is any weight or jarring from going over wake. The best thing to do is build a support to get you through the season and replace in the off season.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't believe that there is going to be a "fix" for the plastic piece if it's broke. Too much stress/pressure on it if there is any weight or jarring from going over wake. The best thing to do is build a support to get you through the season and replace in the off season.
I hear you. It just a huge piece and while I am happy to cut holes in fiberglass, something about ripping apart a seat makes me queasy. I may explore repair with a local upholstery guy and will give an update if I do.