• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Selling Painted Trailer

cobolstinks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,

We moved from MN down to FL this last year and I need to switch out my painted trailer for an aluminum/galvanized rig for the salt down here. I have't launched my boat in the salt yet and I wont until it's sititng on something more suitable. My painted trailer is pretty useless down here but it's in good shape overall, no rust, never been in salt, 2015 probably only 3-5k miles on it. Wheels are good yet. Always pumped grease in the bearings. Has anyone been in a similar situation? How did you off load your painted trailer? It's in great shape so it's gotta have some value (idk $1500?). It's for a 21' boat and I'm located in St Augustine FL. Willing to drive a bit if it's worth my while.

Put it up for sale on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, here, and the Yamaha Facebook page. If its never been in salt water, advertise this in the listing. Most likely the interest will be from someone coming from an area with lakes, but you may find a local buyer who just wants a trailer on the cheap.

If you have the original tires on the trailer, these will need to be replaced, even if they still have a lot of tread left. If you never repacked the wheel bearings, they should also be done. Super easy job to repack the bearings. If I was buying the trailer, I would expect both to have been done, or for the trailer to be discounted appropriately. If the bearing have never been repacked, as a buyer, I would do this before hauling the trailer any long distance.

Good luck with the sale.

Jim

I am in the same situation. I just move to the Florida panhandle from North Louisiana.

Where did you end up getting your new trailer?

Back