• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Service time

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I hit 10 hrs on the new boat yesterday. I bought a couple of Yamaha oil change kits from the dealership when I bought the boat so I’m good there.
My question is about adding grease to the out drive bearings. My local Home Depot sells Lucas red and tacky grease which says it’s for bearings and is water proof. Specifically says it’s good for boat trailer wheel bearings. Lucas is a good name brand so I feel it would be a good choice for these bearings on the boat but wanted to get some opinions before I do it. Thanks for any input.
also I had a very weird experience yesterday when I put the boat in the water. When I have it throttle to take off the port side engine was vibrating and making a very strange noise, almost like it was cavitating and the RPM’s kept shooting up real high to 8k RPM’s. I backed the throttle off immediately and then eased it back up 3 or 4 times before it all cleared out and was 100% normal the rest of the day. Can air get trapped in the jet and cause this or does anyone have any input about this? 2022 AR250

probably weeds or something from the launch. Typical.

Search bearing grease here on the forum. Many, many threads which discuss greasing the bearing. What you should and should not do as well as different methods and how much. Also the different types of grease people use. I personally use Lucas Marine. If you pump to much grease in you will blow the seal and then you must replace the whole bearing/seal. Could take you out of commission for boating for a while.

Back