• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shore leave

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
while I wait for my new impellers, I took the opportunity to do some upkeep and updating. Cleaned the jet pumps ( note the change from the left side to the right side.). The algae was a bit rough,. But cleaned up fine.
image.jpg

Also installed the blacktip swim playform mats- and as many have said- hardest part is getting the old ones off and the surface clean. Overall, I am very satisfied with it.

image.jpg

It is a good value and easy enough to
Complete.

One question I have- I put the wear ring over the old impeller for storage and protection last night and the impeller was scrapping a bit on the wear ring. I am assuming it is because I did not have them bolted together, and it was just placed there, but when I put the new impeller on and it scrapes- just a little- as in, my hand can still spin it, but you can hear the contact, is this ok, and it will wear to optimal clearance? No issue yet, just thought I would ask.

My other question: the service manual calls for liquid gaskets between the pump housings- I have not see this in anyone's write ups, any thoughts? Is this needed?

Thanks!

Last edited:

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used a smear of silicone seal between them. I dont think it is really required as the fit is very tight. Cam.