• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shorelander Trailer Brake Lights

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The brake lights on my 2017 Shorelander trailer have given out. The yellow side running lights work, just not the rear brake/turn signal lights. I have replaced one of them, but it too has gone out.

Trailer is regularly dunked in brackish water.

Anybody had this happen and have a “best practice” for repair and replacement. I don’t mind doing it myself, nor do I mind paying someone professionally, BUT no matter what route I take, I want to make sure that what I pay for is done properly.

TIA

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are connectors that rot out just cut them and get some heat shrink crimps and reconnect them . Each tail light has them and there are some by the front were the trailer sides meet

Last edited:

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Shorlandr makes a plug-n-play led light and housing. I installed them on mine at the beginning of the season and they’ve been great so far.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
If you don't have them already, sealed LED lamps are the only way to go. My new Shorelandr trailer came with incandescent lamps that were not sealed. Changed them out immediately.

vapeden

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Shorlandr makes a plug-n-play led light and housing. I installed them on mine at the beginning of the season and they’ve been great so far.
Do you have the part number and or where you got them from?

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
just did mine, my connectors were toast, ended up having to cut them out and replaced them with heat shrinks... take it apart first and see what your working with

johhnyboat

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Agreed, make sure all of your connections are using Waterproof heat shrink connections.