• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Short Outing

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
We have been fortunate to get out at leat once in November, December and January.
Yesterday was a short trip. Rode about 15 minutes to our anchorage, were getting settled in, and noticed the bilge was running more than normal. We were taking on water, and then it would repeat. So I checked the drain plugs, and there were tight. We decided to pull the anchor up and go back to the boat ramp. As it turned out, one of the drain plugs was not seated properly. It was tight but was crooked. Live and learn.
Our Mallamute/Husky got the most out of the day

Attachments

• 25298.jpeg
    25298.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 25300.jpeg
    25300.jpeg
    247.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 25302.jpeg
    25302.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 28
We have been fortunate to get out at leat once in November, December and January.
Yesterday was a short trip. Rode about 15 minutes to our anchorage, were getting settled in, and noticed the bilge was running more than normal. We were taking on water, and then it would repeat. So I checked the drain plugs, and there were tight. We decided to pull the anchor up and go back to the boat ramp. As it turned out, one of the drain plugs was not seated properly. It was tight but was crooked. Live and learn.
Our Mallamute/Husky got the most out of the day
Glad you caught it! I’ve been thinking about upgrading those crappy plastic plugs that came with my 2020 to metal for just that reason.

Glad you caught it! I’ve been thinking about upgrading those crappy plastic plugs that came with my 2020 to metal for just that reason.
Us too. The ski locker looked like a bubbling spring, then the bilge would kick in. As long as we were under, we were good, but as soon as we were in no wake mode or stop, we would take on water.

Actually had the issue on about our 5th or 6th trip on the boat. Some of the fiberglass shavings from manufacture had migrated back and were getting into the threads of the main plug. It wasn’t allowing me to fully tighten the plug until the o-ring seated. Also had the common issue of the anchor locker drain being too short and not being completely seated. Both were easy fixes and have had no issues since.

Back