• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Should I Buy This Project Aluminum Jet Boat

schnur07

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Hopefully it's ok to post a link to craigslist (see below). I'm considering purchasing this 20' aluminum boat for a fun project and for my daughters to drive around on the Willamette River, which is in our backyard, without worrying about it. We have a small fiberglass jet boat and this one would be nice because I wouldn't worry as much about hitting river bottom - which is primarily river cobble.

The owner says it ran a few years ago but hasn't tried running it since. It's 175 hp and I assume it's a 2-stroke. I'd want him to run it for me and ideally take it on the water to make sure it doesn't leak and check out the steering. I don't know anything about aluminum boats but wondering if it's relatively thin since it has those vertical bracings. Not sure what else to check out considering there's not much there other than a state of the art seat!

I figured I don't have much to lose for $3000 bucks and maybe talk him down. But if the motor has issues, I have no idea what that might cost. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Hopefully it's ok to post a link to craigslist (see below). I'm considering purchasing this 20' aluminum boat for a fun project and for my daughters to drive around on the Willamette River, which is in our backyard, without worrying about it. We have a small fiberglass jet boat and this one would be nice because I wouldn't worry as much about hitting river bottom - which is primarily river cobble.

The owner says it ran a few years ago but hasn't tried running it since. It's 175 hp and I assume it's a 2-stroke. I'd want him to run it for me and ideally take it on the water to make sure it doesn't leak and check out the steering. I don't know anything about aluminum boats but wondering if it's relatively thin since it has those vertical bracings. Not sure what else to check out considering there's not much there other than a state of the art seat!

I figured I don't have much to lose for $3000 bucks and maybe talk him down. But if the motor has issues, I have no idea what that might cost. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

One word ……. PROJECT! Might be fun to create something - personally wouldn’t pay much for that, maybe $500

Forget this idea. The guy said it's a flat bottom - he thinks, but he's not sure. I don't want a flat bottom for the river. Not sure I'd want to buy from this guy anyway. He didn't even answer me when I asked him if I could test drive it or at least run the motor.

Flat bottom could be a LOT of fun on the river especially with a jet drive. If there is no way to test the engine though I would steer clear. At the very minimum I'd want to run it in a barrel.

Back