• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Shrinkwrap size

Emptytemples

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to buy shrinkwrap for the AR250 since I don't want to put the shipping cover back on this year. I did it for the 19' boat but looking to see if anyone has input on the size needed for the boats with the towers.

Also, when you guys get these boats shrinkwrapped at dealers, do they fold the tower down or keep it upright? This is the first year I will shrinkwrap this boat. Previously, doing the SX190 was easy. My dad has always had deck boats so never needed a wider roll of shrink wrap.

Uline has shrinkwrap for about 300 bucks depending on the size. The heat gun is another investment but will likely split with my dad or make a business purchase. :cool: Does a width of 24' seem too short? Figure 8.5' width plus 6' drops for either side and we are sitting at 20.5' so a 20' width is likely too small with the wrap around the banding. May have to go with at least a 24' wide roll unless the towers stay in the upright position. Any input is appreciated. My shop is open if anyone wants to wrap theirs and live close to Alpha, NJ.

1725371575180.png

We wrapped ours with tower up, but you can do it either way. Add a zipper door and you can access the boat over the winter, handy for off-season projects.

Tower up for the last 6 years and I think the guy that wraps it uses the 24' width this larger width is requested by me so that it covers a large portion of the hull protecting it from UV fading exposure. The 2005 model had bad fading of the hull so this should protect it better. I have had the zipper doors installed they always seem to leak I just keep a roll of the tape on hand slice it open climb inside then tape up the slice if work is needed.

I thought the zipper door could leak a little. Maybe tape over the zipper could work as well. Appreciate the insight.

Back