• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Silver Glen Springs

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Im looking to head out to the St Johns river within the next few weeks. We want to get to the Wekiva River and see how far we can go. We did go to Silver Glen...absolutely stunning!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have not been there in years. We are going to go over to the St John's since the Suwannee River is in flood stages now.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JWPrendergast I live in the St. John's almost directly across from where the wekiva runs into the main river. It's very scenic back there and you can go up a little ways but it starts to become hazardous depending on the water levels. You start to get to where it gets shallow and there are submerged trees. Right now the water is extremely high so you could go pretty far. You would give up due to the forever slow speed though :) it's a long ride.

I out my kayak in at 46 in Sanford and paddle back to the neighborhood and it's about 9.5 miles. I would say you boat could get about 4 miles back safely when the water is high. After a certain point it is better to have an airboat or small john boat. Let me know if you are ever in the area again.

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Bacchus_fl, funny you should ask that; we purchased a house a couple hundred yards from where the Wekiva lets out into the St Johns! We're neighbors!

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I live on River drive (off Ft. Florida). We liked the water so much, we had to live on it! Moved in about 2 months ago.

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow awesome! Welcome! I know exactly where that is. We looked at a house back there when we bought. We need to meet up out on the water. We will mostly likely be out on the river Monday if you want to meet up. However, There is a chance we go out to disappearing island if you wanted to join us for that.

JWPrendergast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Im still spending most of my free time trying to get the property up to snuff. That said, ive actually been kicking around the idea of going out to New Smyrna as well. Sunday might just be a good day for it! Ill keep in touch ;)