• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Size of Fenders?

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What size of fenders is everyone using. I think I want to go larger as the small fenders I had are just not cutting it. Thoughts or recommendations?

I presently have 6 1/2, however I ordered and should be delivered today 8 1/2. I wanted extra protection.

8" are the bomb but some slips are really tight and you may need those tiny fenders on occasion. Either way get yourself fender boots/covers. The fleece ones don't scratch as much as the polyester ones.

Thanks all! I was expecting that everyone was using 8.5" so no surprises there. I hardly ever use them but when I do I will be glad to get the big boys!

My boat came with some of the black rectangle "hugger" style. No unique size that I know of. First time I have ever used them and I love them. Two have windshield clips and two have suction cups. Ropes set to the right length for each one and they are numbered 1-4 for quick deployment.

I got the medium fender kit from stowawayboatfender.com
http://stowawayboatfender.com/medium_fender_kit_1.html
Each fender is 7.5" x 22.5" and comes with a strap with a clip that can be easily adjusted for length. They attach to any railing an din my case that is my tower. They blow up quickly and deflate even quicker and store very compactly.

I got the medium fender kit from stowawayboatfender.com
http://stowawayboatfender.com/medium_fender_kit_1.html
Each fender is 7.5" x 22.5" and comes with a strap with a clip that can be easily adjusted for length. They attach to any railing an din my case that is my tower. They blow up quickly and deflate even quicker and store very compactly.
The stowaway fenders are great. I use the large (9") when rafting up due to the board racks and abundance of friends with towers also

All i use are the huge 9-10" stow away ones. Put a little chlorine and water in the bottom for windy days.awesome products

I have (3) 6.5" and (2) 8.5". I use the 8.5" ones almost exclusively. At certain times of the year West Marine will sell packages of 2 or 3 Taylor Made fenders for 50% off.

Back