• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Slow Boating Year

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have only been out once this year and that was the shake down. Graduation, Family trip, work, House, Family, etc. making it tough to find some free time. Maybe next weekend I will go out on Saturday. Still don't have everything in the boat yet. :(

I guess when I used @adrianp89 boat in Florida, that counts as being out...... so two times....

Last edited:
I feel ya, same here to many projects. This year will probably not be much of a boating year

May rig up a downrigger to do some late summer/fall salmon fishing. What I should do is take my laptop and just start working all day on the lake, at least I will get out.

I've only made it out once this summer as well. Lot's of other stuff going on and the weather has been un-seasonably rainy here. I was planning to go out this weekend, but we got Thunderstorms all weekend in July..... I'm shooting for next weekend. At least I was able to get my new KeelGuard installed this morning. :)

I just rigged the boat, and did maintenance. She is ready to go. Just need to figure out when

Sold my boat! Will get a replacement when I get back to the mainland. Didn't boat much here in Hawaii...all purpose driven boating, not much boating for just the sake of boating.

@HangOutdoors, I moved to where we have a lot more options for places to go boating and better weather typically but we have gone out about the same amount of time, maybe a little less. Life happens and we adjust. Next year we should have more available time to go out but with the recent move there’s plenty to do around the house and limited time off with both of us having new jobs. Some years are good for boating and some aren’t. Just hoping that next year is a good year for you to get out on the water more often.

Figure if I set the boat up as I did today, it would be just a hookup, gas on the way and get out. Set all the watersports stuff up ready in the garage and stage as well as my fishing equipment and trolling motor next to. Boat is fully rigged. Even for a few hours. Surrounded by all the water around me and hoping to get out on some soon.

Back