• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So I need to tighten this cleat....

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Seems near impossible to get to. Has anyone done this before? Any ideas?FB8ED11B-0D26-4220-A82F-C9C017731E2B.jpeg2745915F-3494-4C89-9BE7-93216FBE8B8C.jpeg6C106006-0E92-4CCF-AA84-BA9D9EEC7AA2.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think that whole black piece has to come out. I could have sworn I've seen an older tan colored 24' boat on here with them removed. No idea how to find that thread though or how that panel comes out.

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thats what I was thinking, but it feels pretty secure... not to mention what to do with the throttles.

I will try to find the link...

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe I recall someone doing exactly this work. I think others have mentioned need to pull the throttle/pinnacle assembly and reach through its mounting hole to get to the underside of that cleat. Not 100% sure.

@buckbuck knows that boat better than almost anyone, he may have thoughts to share. Good luck!

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I thought someone said to remove the plate with the boat capacities and that there is a round hole behind it that allows you to access the fasteners for the cleat. Drill out the rivets and replace when finished.

Moderboat1987

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Heavy winds and the boat lift litteraly cut it in half. All the good parts I’m selling. But that cleat I cant remember if I did it through the huge hole or from the compartment in front of the dash.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I thought someone said to remove the plate with the boat capacities and that there is a round hole behind it that allows you to access the fasteners for the cleat. Drill out the rivets and replace when finished.
Yeah I also remember this. Not sure where I saw it.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you remove the tray behind the throttles you'd have access. Just cover your forearms from the fiberglass stuff.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ah, yes. I think this is the trick.

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks just fine, you'll be the only one who knows you had it off.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ok, why didn't I know about this when I did mine?
I seriously was upside down and backwards in my boat with an extra long wrench and finally got to it. This plate thing would have been waaaay too easy.