• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So on the 2021 I notice...

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Im coming from a 2013...so on the 2021 I notice the bilge is in the center but recessed in a cut out of the engine bay floor...also a opening in the rear of the engine bay...when did this change? Will post pics in morning.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 16 has the bilge pump recessed in a cutout towards the rear of the engine compartment

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The floor in the engine bay is a sub floor and not the hull. Do to get to the lower part they cut the sub floor to get the pump lower

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
My 08 232 has the engine bay cut out so the pump sits in the bilge. If your 13 wasnt like that then something wasnt right. The only way the pump can get access to bilge water is to have it recessed.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
My 08 232 has the engine bay cut out so the pump sits in the bilge. If your 13 wasnt like that then something wasnt right. The only way the pump can get access to bilge water is to have it recessed.
Maybe it was recessed and i never noticed it because it was all the way in the back...the new one is in the center and is a large cutout