• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD SOLD 2008 SeaDoo Challenger 180

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
(All pics taken on October 9, 2021)
***IF THE AD IS UP, THE BOAT IS AVAILABLE FOR SALE***
***THE BOAT IS LOCATED IN TAMPA, JUST NORTHWEST OF THE AIRPORT***

$13,500

This Sea Doo comes with all the accessories needed to get a family out on the water this weekend! Selling a 2008 Sea-Doo Challenger 180 jetboat. Boat includes a 2015 Karavan trailer with LED lights and over $3000 of boat upgrades/accessories. The galvanized trailer has a foldable tongue to help it fit into a garage.

Hours (see pics)
As of October 11, there are 188 hours on the ECU - this is the total motor run time.

SPECS:
Length: 17'7"
Beam: 8'2"
Draft: 12"
Dry Weight: 1920 lbs
Engine: 1.5 liter Supercharged (215 HP Rotax 4-TEC)
Seating Capacity: 8
Top Speed: Depending on the wind and load, it will run 40-45mph (GPS) on Lake Tarpon, which is the norm for this configuration. A good speed for water sports is around 20mph, so it has plenty left.

UPGRADES & INCLUDED EQUIPMENT:
(this was all done or acquired under my ownership)
(everything below is in very good-to-excellent condition)
- Cobra Steering Fins for improved steering, especially during lower speeds ($200).
- Trim Tabs for improved time-to-plane and to reduce porpoising over waves ($475).
- these are very rare and sold out in 2009. Standard tabs won't fit on this boat.
- RIVA Breathing Kit that prevents oil from re-circulating through the supercharger and into the intake ($150).
- SeaDek non-skid flooring on all deck surfaces ($850).
- Garmin 54cv echoMAP chartplotter with coastal maps ($450) - a must have!
- Replaced stock stereo with Kenwood head unit and four Polk db651 speakers ($275).
- Two anchors: fluke with rope and chain ($60); mushroom with rope ($40).
- Two bumpers/fenders and mooring lines ($25).
- 50'/60'/70' adjustable tow rope with bungee absorber and kwik-connect ($55).
- Two-person towable tube ($160).
- Tube rapid inflator/deflator that plugs into cigarette lighter ($20).
- 5 Life jackets (adult; approx $130; boat includes a throwable seat cushion).
- Much brighter and reliable LED bow light ($42).
- Tire covers for trailer ($23).
- Brand new Duracell 12v marine battery ($110).
- Safety kit (the flares recently expired) with extinguisher and two sets of spark plugs.

MAINTENANCE HISTORY
- Supercharger updated to steel washers just prior to my ownership (2018).
- I always used Rotella R6 oil (recommended for steel SC washers) in the engine and always filled the gas tank with non-ethanol fuel during my ownership.
- Carbon Ring, Impeller Wear Ring, Impeller Boot, and Pump Bearings replaced September 2019.
- New throttle cable Fall 2020.
- Fuel system cleaned/serviced Spring 2021: fuel pump, pump screen, and injectors.
- Replaced spark plugs July 2021.
- New Duracell marine battery August 2021.

CONDITION
Averaged over the past three boating seasons, I took this boat out once every month or two, and 80% of the time we went to Lake Tarpon. Interior is in very good condition and includes the rare bow filler seat. Hull is in very good shape with no fiberglass damage that I have ever noticed. No signs of impact-related spider cracking. There are gelcoat dings and scratches here and there, plus typical gouges along the keel from beaching - nothing out of the ordinary for the age. The decks are very rigid and strong, so no wood core rot. I was surprised to find that there were no leaks through the hull fittings when I got it. The SeaDek flooring makes the boat look newer than it is and is a must-have for comfort and is easy to clean. Bimini top and boat cover are included and usable (not shown), but are exhibiting typical UV wear and you'll probably want to replace them within a year. The 2015 trailer and tires are in great condition - I don't think it got used the three years before I bought it. I always flushed and cleaned the boat thoroughly after each outing, kept it covered, and made sure to start it on the weekends.

The LCD polarization film was replaced on the gauge cluster due to sun damage. It appears to be a quality job, but I think the LCD itself was UV damaged a little as well: the non-numerical info is readable, but some of the numerical info is not always completely readable - however, the Garmin that I installed provides numerical data too (and is far more accurate), so it's nothing that really ever bothered me.

WHY I AM SELLING
I have owned this boat since September 2018. I traded down from a 23-footer because I wasn't taking that more expensive boat out enough - I hoped a cheaper boat wouldn't have me feeling so bad if it sat in the driveway. Unfortunately, I still don't spend enough time on the water to warrant ownership and have moved to other hobbies. I will say that this boat was far easier to clean and maintain than that larger boat, so that was a plus.

LOCAL DEMO
I would prefer to schedule a weekday, whenever possible, as the boat ramps are less hectic during the week. I can launch serious buyers from the southeast boat launch on Lake Tarpon, in the John Chestnut State Park. I sold my primary tow vehicle, and am reluctant to put my current vehicle near salt water - so if you'd like to launch it from the Courtney Campbell, we can take your vehicle instead.

I have the title for the boat and the trailer in-hand.
Not interested in any trades, though I may consider Aprilia, BMW, Ducati, or MV Augusta sportbikes that are the same value as my boat, or less.
Please, no low ball offers.

ALSO AVAILABLE
Tools for Pump & Impeller Servicing, entire set for an additional $75
- These will pay for themselves after just one use.
- Bearing & Seal Drivers (529035955 & 529035819 equivalent; retail $97).
- Impeller Remover (529035956 equivalent; retails $39).
- A bracket to support the impeller shaft during above procedures.
- Spare gasket set for one impeller rebuild.
- Everything is in perfect condition.

Attachments

CrankyGypsy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
SOLD