• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD SOLD 2015 AR192 Sumter, SC

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love that color of the AR240. I'm really thinking about posting my 2011 sx240 for sale and going to a 2015. What venue worked best to sell your boat @Rob9550 ?
I posted here and Craigslist. Had 3 parties all from Craigslist, one in Columbia, Charleston and Decatur Al. Boat is now in Charleston. I dropped it off last night after spending the day on Lake Wateree. It sold faster than I thought it would but I know its going to a good owner who will care for it like I did.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@robert843 any reason for upgrading? Did the exhumas trip make you like the newer boat that much better?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Are you looking at leftover 2015s or used? Seems like it's slim picking in the used market, and then what some are asking is just stupid.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 any reason for upgrading? Did the exhumas trip make you like the newer boat that much better?
I wanted a 15 when I bought the 2011 but decided to give the 2011 a test run and don't get me wrong I love it and I have had it offshore a couple times and it does great. The 2015 does it better but even if I sold my boat I don't know that I will go with the 2015 yet. Due to various things going on in my life right now my boating season will likely be pretty much done in about 3 weeks and not start up again till March or April of next year so if I sold now that gives me lots of time to make an educated choice and really decide what I want but also the availability to jump on a steal if it pops up. I have another boat and a ski as well so if I want to go out in the mean time if I have availability I still can. I have some really big boating plans over the next few years and the 15 will fill those needs a little better but so will several other boats. The only down fall to the Yamahas for me is fuel capacity I really wish they held 70 or more gallons and thats my only hesitation on the 2015 but the Exumas trip did ease some of those concerns. I have several destinations in mind over the next few year but still the longest stretch with out fuel in any of those is only 120 miles but in offshore conditions it still makes it questionable. @swatski yes I would be looking used but I would have all off season to do so and I'm not afraid to travel a good distance to get what I want at the correct price. Plus right now I think I could still easily sell my boat at a fair price and be ok with it and someone still get a fair deal I think my 2011 Sx240 with 70 hours and the aprox $5000 in upgrades to the trailer and boat I have done this year will sell in the 28-29k range which I'm ok with and I'm sure someone out there would be ok paying. That price point is cheaper then anything I can find online that with that few of hours so I would think its more then a fair asking price and anything near that price I'm sure wouldn't come with the upgrades I have done to my boat.