• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD (Sold) Yamaha Factory 242 Limited S Premium Mooring/towing Cover

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
(Sold, thanks for looking) YAMAHA 242 Limited S 2010-2014 Boat PREMIUM Mooring Cover GRAY MAR-242MC-TW-GY

Used Factory cover for the 2010-2014 242 LImited S. This cover is in great shape as seen in this photo taken today after towing the boat 130 miles.

All clips, velcro and rubber grommets around the cleats are in perfect shape. There are two Flex Seal Tape patches that have hundreds of miles on them. One on the bow, and one at the peak of the windshield. I am only selling as our boat is stored indoors, or on our covered lift with snap on covers.

Price is $250 including shipping in the lower 48. Anywhere else with negotiated shipping. Additional photos available upon request. 1/3rd the price of new due to the repairs.

41C4B4E5-C35D-4F47-869F-D95980491E62.jpeg

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Additional photos. This cover is in great, functional shape, including all ratchets, zippers and velcro. 1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

DJ Bellin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I know you posted the model years already but any chance this will fit a 2015 242 Limited S?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There was a redesign for the 2015+ model years for tower placement. So even if it did cover the boat, it would not be a good fit. Sorry.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After looking at the models a bit closer. The 2010-2014 reverse tower had the two tubes coming down to the hull. The 2015+ models had the new reverse tower that came down closer together at the hull.

For certain, this cover would not work for you for that reason alone. They are out there, good luck with your search.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That is interesting, my vents come out on the top of the cover not the side.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do believe that was another change.

What's funny, as most refer to those as Vents (which they are) but not for while it is sitting still, but for towing. Yamaha has used Vacu-Hold vents on covers since way back in the early waverunner days. If you have the same cone-shaped vents with the opening on the bottom, they are Vacu-Hold. Some of the new ones are shaped different (oval and square) This allows strapless installation.

At towing speed, they pull air out of the boat sucking the cover down tight to minimize rub on the hull etc. My Waverunner covers suck down so tight, you can see the sides pull up to the rub rail. I would not care to be inside that boat at highway speeds, that's for sure.

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the tower I wish I can find one like that to buy for my SX 240.