• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Solo Launching and Recoverying part 2

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally got around to putting this together. The footage is from February 1, 2014 and was taken at Orwood Resort Marina in Brentwood/Knightsen, CA.

2 minutes and 40 seconds long.

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
LMAO over that dog swimming in your launch lane as you are trying to back in to recover.

Boat launches are definitely a Roseanne roseannadanna zone: "if it ain't one thing, it's another" :D

Nice ramp and great vid! Thx.

1rjclark

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking good!

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh the joys of solo launching and recovery at a busy ramp..if our ramps had courtesy docks like the ones in your video I'd be a happy man.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tons of parking and on site storage behind the restaurant. The patios are great places to view the ramps from, lots of eye candy, sometimes fights between spouses and other boaters and everyone in a while a trailering accident. The setup is actually very good, on busy days they designate ramps 1 and 2 as launch only on the and ramp three as recovery only in the morning and reverse this at night. They also have dock attendants to help you move your boat around and direct traffic. They use to anyway. The closest cleats are are few boat lengths from the ramps so no one congregates near the ramps.

This we my first launch of the season and it was solo so I took my time making sure not to miss anything and making sure everything worked. I couldn't get away with taking up the ramp like that in season but there was no one in the que behind me. I probably could have shaved a few seconds but for the dog with the inconsiderate owner, I should have given the dog a credit line at the end of the video, lol. Anyone notice how long those goobers next to me took to load their boat? They were there before and after me, with their dog they sometimes took up two ramps. I don't even recall ever seeing their tow vehicle.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol @ the dog, might not have been as close as it looked but he certainly was lucky you were aware he was behind you.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice job Ronnie!! Keep the videos coming!:winkingthumbsup"

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I didn't see you remove the rear straps?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did that after I got into the staging area, boat buckles so you know, easy pesy Lemmon squeezy, as my son used to say.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanks for the vid Ronnie, did it my self Saturday but no Go Pro. I find this boat to be just as easy to dip and remove as my 18 forwinns. Im pleased with how easy the process is.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't have a good dock to launch with but do have a small beach nearby. When I launch by myself I have to get in and drive the boat off the trailer then beach it and then pull out the trailer. Same thing for retrieving. The pros are I don't need to worry about fenders or tieing up. The cons are I have to make sure I beach it pretty solid, (I have a keelshield) so that big waves don't dislodge my boat in the minute or so I'm parking the boat or trailer. Another con is that my feet get wet pushing off the beach.