• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Some data from my season

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@buckbuck, Data is great but what are you going to do with it? What actions is it prompting you to do now?

Damsroy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
600+ hours with no more than regular maintenance?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$1000 in fuel a year (average)tells me you use your boat, which I’m sure is why you bought it. See too many buy a boat only to take it out once or twice a year. We go out every chance we can during the season making the most out of the time with family & friends. Cheers🍺

Last edited:

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I never keep track of yearly fuel cost, but can tell you that last year on a 8 day trip running around on Norris Lake I spent over $700.00 on fuel

Spent about $600.00 on our August trip on Cumberland lake.

No ski or tube pulling, just running all over from one end to the other. Got it, use it!

We are out on our boat "almost" every weekend, boat manly on Brookville Lake in Indiana..

Love the like of the new 275's, but can't afford the boat, and probably couldn't afford the gas with twin supercharged engines. AGH.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@buckbuck thanks for sharing, I wish I could track my fuel but at the end of the day, on the way home, thinking about unloading, tracking fuel doesn't happen, It's good though to have a real world data showing about $15/hour in fuel to surf,

on the other side, I've keep a log of every shot my daughter fires through her shotguns and pistol (and even started a log of her skeet rounds to better identify problem stations), I'd never log the cost though as the activity would quickly get the AX !

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The boat has stayed rather consistent at 5.5 gallons per hour. I would suspect that is typical for all MR-1 boats including your AR230.
@Scottintexas do shotgun barrels wear to the point of replacing? Is that why you log her shooting?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The boat has stayed rather consistent at 5.5 gallons per hour. I would suspect that is typical for all MR-1 boats including your AR230.
@Scottintexas do shotgun barrels wear to the point of replacing? Is that why you log her shooting?
5.5 but is that mostly surfing? I just added line items to your spreadsheet, sorry

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I am also sad to see only half the gallons used compared to the first years. I am sure it is bittersweet watching kids grow up

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do shotgun barrels wear to the point of replacing? Is that why you log her shooting?
They can "wear out" but it's very, very unusual,
with her semi I was really tracking for cleaning purposes but turned into a good info base on amount of shells we were shooting,
with her O/U, by that point my OCD had kicked in and since she shoots better than me I can't really give advice or critique so I focus on documenting so I can show here numbers,
since Sept 1 she's shot
60 rounds of skeet, 90% 20ga with a few 28ga and .410 mix in
28 rounds of trap

on skeet she misses #5 low house 65% of the time and in skeet there are a total of 24 "normal" shots, on your first miss you get to shoot it again (your miss still counts as a miss), if you don't miss any you shoot the last station #8 low house twice instead of once, for a total of 25

surprisingly enough we've found out she misses her "option" shot 65% of the time also

it's a lot like boating, somebody may say "I've put xx hours on the boat in the last few years" when in reality it's a lot more or less than their perception.

I do keep a spread sheet on the boat with the YDS for my hours, every piece of maintenance I do and additional parts/supplies (I've spent $7,600. in toys/supplies/fixing (not counting oil/filters).

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Based on your usage dropping every year in 3 years you wont use the boat anymore o_O

You will have to go new to rejuvenate the interest

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scottintexas you should try out some 3Gun matches with her... ;) It's not something you want to keep track of $$ either, but it's more fun than should be legal! And more addictive than crack....I presume....lol

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Cambo as @Speedling mentioned the kids are grown and are moving out. That has taken a toll on how much we get on the water. But grandkids should be starting to pop up soon which should reverse the trend. The 'old' Yamaha just keeps running without problems so "new" is not being pursued.