• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Soon to be owner

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi all,

Soon to be new Scarab owner from QC, Canada.

It will be my first boat, used to have Sea-Doo GTS back in 2000 but started to do skydiving so the Sea-Doo was sold to buy a new skydiving rig.

I now want to spend quality time with the wife and my two girls (4 and 6) so we have decide to do it on the water.

My specific needs : jet (too afraid of the propeller VS the kids), u shaped seating (to have family and friends close), 19ft (tow vehicule can't handle more) and a factory installed wake tower.

I have been lurking the forums for a while now and was ready to go with the Yamaha AR192, until I read about the fuel consumption, Also, after testing a friend's SX230 my first thought was that the engine sound was extremely loud.

And I found a nice and new 2014 Scarab 195 HO with a -10K$. I kinda fell in love with the design, the versa lounge and the sweet interior finish of this boat, BUT it has no wake tower... I said to myself : ¨the girls are still young, it can wait¨

Guess what, my eyes could not escape the orange Impulse just besides... and with the same -10K$ price.

End of story, signed for a 2014 195 HOI and awaiting credit approval.

I could not get the price lower but got the trailering cover too.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats @Yan Masse and welcome to the club. Hopefully you'll be able to get lots of use out of your new boat soon. ;)

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome. Always great to have another Canadian on board. Congrats on the new boat!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent to have you and congratulations on the new purchase! You are in for a world of fun.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome and congratulations!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard, @Yan Masse Great bunch of people here AND you are going to love jetboating with your family!