• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spade Fishing Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel - SX190

Bmerritt811

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 17 FSH190 that won’t start. Both batteries are new and fuses are good. I have accessory power but engine won’t even turn. Kill switch is secure.
Any suggestions, anyone?

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am clearly no expert however you said your batteries were new. Have you been able to start your boat with them before? If not is it possible battery cables are loose?

Bmerritt811

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am clearly no expert however you said your batteries were new. Have you been able to start your boat with them before? If not is it possible battery cables are loose?
I replaced the batts on the assumption that they were both dead. All connections are tight but there may be a chance I’ve wired it incorrectly. Thanks!

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would be willing to guess he other comes out of the Virginia Beach area or st Charles as that appears to be the Chesapeake bridge in the background [flag]

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I would be willing to guess he other comes out of the Virginia Beach area or st Charles as that appears to be the Chesapeake bridge in the background [flag]

You think that's the armor rock for the bridge, rather than for a jetty? That would make sense as well...

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was looking behind you in your first photo. right behind the boat with the tower looked like the beginning of the tunnel

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I launched from Virginia Beach area. Ran out to 4th island on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. Used clams for bait.

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Where in the Bay do you come out of and where were you fishing.. I know the post said 10 miles out, but see the jetty wall behind you...
Hopefully I'll see you out there next summer or spring in my 210 FSH. Good fishing!