• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spark Plugs for MR1

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Historically I've always used the NGK plugs, but in all my vehicles I usually use Autolite spark plugs, they work well in my cars and are well priced (with hella awesome rebates.

Anyone used them? Autolite claims the 4302 will fit, Rockauto has the xtreme sport plugs for $3.66 each, with a $2 rebate per plug for Iridium plugs.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Historically I've always used the NGK plugs, but in all my vehicles I usually use Autolite spark plugs, they work well in my cars and are well priced (with hella awesome rebates.

Anyone used them? Autolite claims the 4302 will fit, Rockauto has the xtreme sport plugs for $3.66 each, with a $2 rebate per plug for Iridium plugs.
I don't recommend using "compatible" plugs. While they may fit the threads and have the same length to enter the cylinder and same temp rating, you need to make sure you use iridium plugs as these engines rev high and hot. Totally different running environment from cars that mostly run at 1500-2500 rpm compared to Yamaha marine engines that run at 5000-8000 rpm for hours at a time. Iridium is used as it has a much higher melting point.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked it up a bit more and found the rebate for the autolites ended at the end of 2019. Still a little cheaper, but probably not enough to worry about it.

Good note about the Iridium plugs, I had figured since they get swapped out every year copper plugs would actually work better, but I'm glad to find out why that's not the case before I tried it, haha.