• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speaker out on new 195S

znewm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
2021195S stereo problem. Installed siriusXM tuner to stock system, everything worked great but wanted better speakers. Installed Skar 7.5 speakers, and the rear starboard side speaker stopped working. All others are fine and sound great…switched port and starboard speakers, and rear starboard still out. Hooked up one of the OEM to rear starboard line…not working. Got a new Fusion head unit from Fusion and installed it. They felt it was a blown channel when I talked to their tech. New unit didn’t improve rear starboard speaker line being dead. Disconnected the negative cables on the battery to attempt a hard reset…starboard still not working. Now I’m completely stumped…any ideas?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Possible the wire got crimped/cut?

znewm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Possible the wire got crimped/cut?
Looked VERY carefully at the wire as I had to use a rotor zip to make the hole larger, and not a nick or mark on it. All speakers worked fine and was all good until speaker install…switching left side and right speakers resulted in no change. Total mystery…

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looked VERY carefully at the wire as I had to use a rotor zip to make the hole larger, and not a nick or mark on it. All speakers worked fine and was all good until speaker install…switching left side and right speakers resulted in no change. Total mystery…
I would look harder at the entire length of wire or, if possible, just run a temp new speaker wire on the floor of the boat to rule it out.

znewm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I would look harder at the entire length of wire or, if possible, just run a temp new speaker wire on the floor of the boat to rule it out.
Yes, I could find the speaker wire somewhere else in the loom and make a jumper….I guess it’s worth a try to test if a break occurred. Thanks.