• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Speaker Sox

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I recently decided to upgrade my factory single barrel tower speakers to a dual enclosure setup. I went with these Kicker 12KMTED.

There are no covers available from Kicker, so I decided to give Speaker Sox a try since everyone here that has them seems to like them. And since Jim's customer service has been said to be great.

I can tell you from first hand experience, that the customer service at Speaker Sox is second to none. There wasn't a specific size listed for these enclosures, so I sent Jim an email, which he replied to well after business hours. He said he had them but they weren't listed, and to order the listed version and he would watch for my name and get me the correct ones. Speaker Sox did not disappoint. I placed my order, emailed Jim to let him know I had done so, and within 1.5hrs I had a shipping notice and email saying he'd taken care of it, all before 7AM PST, which I imagine is before they even open.

I know Speaker Sox are a little more expensive than the generic covers on Amazon, but from a customer service standpoint, they're worth every penny, and I haven't even received them yet. :D

I wholeheartedly agree. Loving my soundbar cover and wakeboard rack covers.

edit: this month I’ve completed 4 6hr tows and all have held up fine so far. (2 trips down and back)

I wholeheartedly agree. Loving my soundbar cover and wakeboard rack covers.

edit: this month I’ve completed 4 6hr tows and all have held up fine so far. (2 trips down and back)
Which cover did you get for your soundbar? I've been looking for something like this for awhile now.

I hate cleaning the bugs out of the cooling fins on my soundbar.

Here’s a couple pics of my sound bar. Due to the end mounts on the stock X bar, the original design with the bungee to secure all the way around didn’t get snug enough. I contacted them and he had me send it back to add Velcro tabs to it. After I received it, I suggested that for future customers the Velcro should be sewn on lengthwise to allow for more surface area to be secured. I just put a couple zip ties around it and called it good. 24 hours on the hwy and it has been fine so far.

EDE32A8D-D21F-490F-AEC2-AE6861E1CE98.jpegF1C4BB02-49A1-44DD-A24A-52D2399AF835.jpeg

@BigAbe75 Very helpful as always. Thank you sir.

Not sure how i missed that other thread though. I'll have to reach out to Jim with some pictures. My mounting is significantly different than the 242 boats. I have some sketches as well I would like to share with him.

Here are the new covers from Speaker Sox.
20200718_153105.jpg

Back