• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speakers on the swim platform??

Chiajake

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just curious if anybody has added speakers to their Scarabs swim platforms. It's an idea for an upgrade I've been thinking about doing, for better sound while swimming.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its an option for the 215 and the 255. It should be easy. There is alot of room back there in the engine bay.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Its an option for the 215 and the 255. It should be easy. There is alot of room back there in the engine bay.
I went to the boat show in Chicago and we had our first look at a 2015 and it had speaker on the platform but not the tower ...? I knew the tower speakers were a option but didn't know if the platform speakers were ?

Attachments

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like a mid year design change. To be honest, I rather them be in the tower.

jeffyp06

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
i put two of the same speakers on the back deck of my mine. it was super easy and love having that little more sound to the back

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@Chiajake ditch those speaker scarab puts in their cans, buy another pair of kicker cans and buy the kicker hlcd's for the tower and an amp for them, come spring time message me and ride over you can hear mine in person im like a mile from you. when we go to green some people have heard my speakers and pitched anchor and swim by us for our music

Chiajake

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Chiajake ditch those speaker scarab puts in their cans, buy another pair of kicker cans and buy the kicker hlcd's for the tower and an amp for them, come spring time message me and ride over you can hear mine in person im like a mile from you. when we go to green some people have heard my speakers and pitched anchor and swim by us for our music
I'll definitely have to check out your speakers. I have an extra set of polks laying around, I may just hook them in the cans and see how they sound off the lil amp the boat came with. I have another month and a half till I go get her from storage so. I can only dream about my yellow baby.

Stan Fisher

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For swim platform speakers like this, do they need an enclosure either for better sound or for protection from the engine compartment (heat)?

also are you putting in a switch to select from bow speakers or swim platform on the rec/amp output or are you driving with a 6 channel amp and all 6 speakers are on all the time?

Last edited:

Chiajake

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey Stan. I'd say if needed some foam baffles would help from the heat. Most baffles are waterproof. Um. Just speakers by themselves are open air in design. I hope I'm saying that correctly. Subs need boxes for the air, unless you use an open air type sub. I'm looking just to maybe switching between the tower speakers and the platform speakers myself. Or getting a bigger amp and just running all of them together.

Stan Fisher

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Next time out I'm going to take my Maverick dual-probe smoker thermometer with me.. stick a probe on either side where the speakers would go on the inside of the engine compartment and watch the temps during the day's cruising.. to see if it's even hot enough in there to worry about. ;)

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@Chiajake if you happen to see this today or possibly tomorrow call or text me if you would like to hear my setup as i got it ready last weekend. As after today it will be a few weeks as they are inducing my wife this week, like i said im only like 2 miles from you i will message you my #

Richspeed11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here is mine. It was easy with a dremel, diamond bit, template, another person running a shop vac and time. Sound great especially when on the tube or wake board.

Attachments

Chiajake

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Here is mine. It was easy with a dremel, diamond bit, template, another person running a shop vac and time. Sound great especially when on the tube or wake board.
Where did you tap into the wires for these speakers.

Richspeed11

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Chiajake - I installed a 1000w 6 ch clarion amp in the cooler compartment and ran new wires to the back two on the rear deck and used all factory wires for remaining speakers. Used 6 - infinity 6.5's and they crank.

Chiajake

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Chiajake - I installed a 1000w 6 ch clarion amp in the cooler compartment and ran new wires to the back two on the rear deck and used all factory wires for remaining speakers. Used 6 - infinity 6.5's and they crank.
Sounds like a nice setup. Speakers look good back there too.