• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speakers

Vito Losurdo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have. A 2020 Yamaha 242S. Can I add wireless speakers?

quick questions, why? and where? If on the tower, you fish the wires. If on the boat next to you, use the wetsounds transmitter receiver units to broadcast to their stereo.

Otherwise, any location on current boats can be wired, or has been by a member here. Keeping in mind, wherever you put a wireless product, it still needs a power souce.

I was planning to mount them to the towers. The reason I was thinking wireless is that I figured it would be a pain to fish wiring in the boat to connect wherever they need to end up. If it isn’t too complicated I would prefer the wired. Would I be able to add a couple without putting in additional hardware? Thanks for the advice.

I was planning to mount them to the towers. The reason I was thinking wireless is that I figured it would be a pain to fish wiring in the boat to connect wherever they need to end up. If it isn’t too complicated I would prefer the wired. Would I be able to add a couple without putting in additional hardware? Thanks for the advice.
You will still want a power source on the tower. A battery operated speaker won't have the volume and range you want for a mobile/marine application. Sure you can to it, but I think the end result won't be what you want.

I put a soundbar on my tower. It's about as close to "plug and play" as it gets with stereo equipment. Has a 3.5mm audio input for signal, then a battery positive and negative connection for power. It is internally amplified and produces a significant amount of sounds from a relatively small package.

I pulled the tower off to run the wires. Took the neighbhor and I about 30min to get the tower off, and another 30 to get it back on. Running the wires and mounting the bar took about an hour as well.
1631555228595.png

Looks like this when finished. Honestly it's the single easiest stereo upgrade I've done on any boat or car/truck. It's the closest thing you'll get to the simplicity of a wireless speaker with the performance you need for a mobile application.
1631555312481.png

It sucks running wires, but it is doable.... its also really your only option.

Back