• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Speakers

Sccala

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi all. I have a blown speaker on my 2011 Yamaha 242 Limited. Does anybody know what size speakers I need to get to replace them? I’m thinking of doing all six at the same time since they are the original speakers, and not only has one blown out, but the rest are starting to sound a little fuzzy.

thanks

Steve

Should be 6.5's but they probably say on the back of them if you pull one.

The speakers on my similar year 240 are 6.5”. The actually hole on my boat is about 5.5” which should fit most “6.5” speakers, but you may also be able to fit ”7” inch speakers too. I replaced mine with 6.5” Fusion XS speakers, I could’ve fit 7” Fusions (i3?) with a little expansion. Kicker is a good option too, and also seems to run smaller than typical on the backside. JL and Wet Sounds are out of my price range, so I can’t comment on them, but they are popular.

Don’t buy too good of a speaker if you haven’t replaced your head unit or added an amp. Under powering speakers is what really damages them. I added a Fusion 210 HU at the same time, my whole audio system was toast.

2010 242 here, 6.5" speakers when replacing OEM original ones.

If you aren't rocking out the lake, Kicker Marine 6.5" is a good choice for OEM replacement equivalent - and they have higher cost/performance ones as well. Went through this myself a couple years back, and ended up replacing stereo head unit with Fusion (RA70NSX) with adapter plate for dash for OEM look mounted, ran new wiring to each speaker, amps, etc. Did it in phases and accounted for wiring in where I would end up, not start so I had long enough to get to amps where I mounted (originally one, then later a second). Used reasonably priced car amps to save some money and they are still working with no issues. Now if you are going to want a high blasting boat stereo system, I'm sure there are plenty of threads to find that kind of thing here.

I did Polk 6.5" in my 2012 AR240... Fit right in. Much cheaper, probably not as good, but still way above stock. I'm happy.

Back