• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speed sensor AR190

USMCDevilDog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, anyone have an issue with their speed sensor in these boats yet? Sometimes my speedo will work but only go to 20mph, and other times it won't work at all.

Can someone tell me where is it located and is it something I can fix on my own? Where can I find the parts?

Thx.
-Tom

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
On the stern, just on the edge, there is a small toothed wheel. It hangs JUST below so that the water can make it spin. This is your speed sensor.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately I have the same problem with my speedo... It is a pin wheel device on starboard side ( I think) ...

Yea... mine seems to work to about 20 mph... then drops off like it just can't keep up. I haven't been too frustrated with it as I have GPS on my fishfinder, but it is rather annoying because I like everything to work 100% even if I don't use it.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Eventually I will be purchasing a full blown SERVICE manual and if/when I get it, I can post some info on it.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ skbishop90 ... service manuals posted by Bruce in model specific area... you will spend hours learning about all the bits and pieces... have fun.

USMCDevilDog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see where it's located. Service manual will be really helpful. I don't want a $300 bill for something that takes 15min to fix.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@beachbum, he posts owners manuals. I am referring to a service manual. If he can get his hands on service manuals, I will gladly pay him instead of Yamaha haha.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
sorry skbishop90... I moved too quickly in the threads...

I have a service manual (soft copy) I can e mail... got an error when I tried to attach.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@beachbum It may be too large to attach. I will PM you my DropBox details. Upload it to drop box and I will download it on my end.