• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speedster 200 2006 twin 185HP

ki4ihx

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Just got the boat a few days ago. Engines run fine however one of the throttle (left) is very lose. Also the idling seems to be off (around 2000 RPM). What concerns me a bit is the speed of the boat not able to go past 45 in excellent condition with two people on board. The other issue is that neutral is not really neutral, the boat moves slightly forward. I am looking for a good seadoo jetboat mechanic around Raleigh area.
thanks
Phil

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Just got the boat a few days ago. Engines run fine however one of the throttle (left) is very lose. Also the idling seems to be off (around 2000 RPM). What concerns me a bit is the speed of the boat not able to go past 45 in excellent condition with two people on board. The other issue is that neutral is not really neutral, the boat moves slightly forward. I am looking for a good seadoo jetboat mechanic around Raleigh area.
thanks
Phil
I used to have the twin 155 and used to get about 45mph max with 2 on board. The Seadoo doesn't have a true neutral. At least mine didn't. It would always want to go slowly forward. The newer BRP engine using products (i.e Scarab, etc) have iNR, "Intelligent Neutral/Reverse" which gives you a "true" neutral, sorta. I cant remember the idling speed, but that might be normal since you need some jet propulsion to steer. Example, you are running on plane and you cut the engines. Since the jets are still producing some thrust, you are still able to steer the boat, albeit slowly.

henryb

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hey there... I just bought a 2004 Speedster 200 310HP last week. Regarding the top speed, I'm getting 60+mph on the speedo (dream-o-meter), GPS says 55-56. But the previous owner says he just replaced both wear rings, as he was saying the same thing, it used to get 55-56 GPS when it was new, but it has been getting slower over the years... he asked his service shop to check it out, and they found the wear rings completely worn-out. After replacing them, it jumped right back up to speed.

henryb

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Regarding your "Neutral" going slightly forward (or backwards)... that is all just an adjustment on how far down the reverse bucket goes down when the shifter is sitting at the "N" position. Adjustments can be made right at the shifter mechanism as well as at the jet pump reverse gate. Just have to find that balancing act of where you are comfortable with.

henryb

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
thanks
Phil
I think the actual idle speed should be 1850rpms, so 2000 is just a smidge high, probably ok. If the throttle for the left arm is a bit loose, then take the mechanism out (4 screws) and there is a tension adjustment inside the mechanism... just needs a little tweak.