• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sport Jet Shift cable

drs1250

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am trying to replaced the shift cable on a 175 Sportjet, any tricks on removing the bulkhead nut that attaches the cable to the Wear ring, also what size is the nut.
this one

drs1250

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Must be all hibernating - it's 15/16. had to cut the cable and get a deep wall socket up there.

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
"Must be all hibernating" – LOL, yup. This was Lake St. Clair last weekend:
Lake St Clair.jpg
Interesting that my 2004 175 has a different arrangement – a threaded block that fits in a round hole in the housing and captured by a flat plate. Must be a redesign. Here’s the block out of the hole. Sorry, picture taken with potato-cam:
Shift Cable.JPG
To tighten the nut on your new cable, will a 15/16” flare nut crow’s foot work? That’s all I can think of. That or a basin wrench.

BTW, don’t feel bad about no timely reply – I asked a question of the community in the spring of 2019 and I’m still awaiting an answer.

drs1250

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes crow foot or O2 sensor socket or I will weld a piece of pipe to the socket and feed the cable through the socket into the pipe