• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

starboard maintenance required

boobie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi there brother boaters, i have a 2017 203 vrx chaparral and my starboard maintenance light came on, does this mean its time for a oil change,
and 2nd ,how do i reset the light once i do the oil change,,HELP!!!!.. THANKS 😟

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi! Welcome to the forum :Welcome:! Post pictures of the boat. We love pictures. Where are you located?

Did you buy the boat new? Is this the first time you're doing an oil change? Maintenance lights can only be reset by a mechanic or with a BRP Rotax communicator. I have the CanDoo Pro. BRP makes one also. They're $400. The CanDoo can talk to the engines to diagnose, clear error codes and reset maintenance hours. I purchased the unit cause I do a lot of my own maintenance and the dealer is too far away.

boobie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
North of New York ,,i bought the boat used with very low hours ,,yes first time I'm changing the oil but i have seadoo ski that i have done tune ups and oil change on them and bascily its the same motor ,, ROTAX ,,,so the code means it time for a oil change???

boobie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
HAY i love the way you keep the boat...where can i purchase that communicator can you send me the link...
THANKS..:winkingthumbsup"

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
HAY i love the way you keep the boat...where can i purchase that communicator can you send me the link...
THANKS..:winkingthumbsup"
Here you go...BRP (SeaDoo, SkiDoo, CanAm) : CANDooPro LLC, Diagnostic Tools

When you say "maintenance light" is on, do you mean engine light? Mine tells me when maintenance is due (over and over again - drives me crazy till I do it). If it's the engine light (picture of a yellow engine), it's telling you there is a fault with the engine. There are screens you can scroll thru too to find error codes. Can you take a picture of what you're seeing?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@boobie It looks like we have the same boat VRX 223? If yes than it's 22' long. Your member info confused me.

What the HP of your engines?

boobie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
dean ,Thanks for your time i really APRECIATE IT ,my boat is a VRX 203, 21'long,, HP is single engine 250 ROTAX . here is the pic of what im getting is this telling me to change the oil ???, THANKS AGAIN 4 answering my questions..

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
dean ,Thanks for your time i really APRECIATE IT ,my boat is a VRX 203, 21'long,, HP is single engine 250 ROTAX . here is the pic of what im getting is this telling me to change the oil ???, THANKS AGAIN 4 answering my questions..
Ah, your boat is a 20'. That makes sense. Your warning message looks familiar. I got one for the starboard and port. PIA...

Anyways, the engine maintenance timer needs to be reset. That can only be done by a mechanic of what I mentioned earlier by a Rotax communicator. I'm not sure what they will charge you but may be worth a call. Otherwise you'll need to change oil, oil filter and spark plugs and get either the BUDS system or a CanDoo Pro to reset the maintenance timer.

boobie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You the Man!!! Thanks again I'll keep you posted...so I can reset it by getting the communicator CanDoo pro right ??

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You the Man!!! Thanks again I'll keep you posted...so I can reset it by getting the communicator CanDoo pro right ??
Yes, I did times 2 (twins). You'll need a laptop to run the software. @ScarabMike did a write-up on how to use the CanDoo. Do a search and you'll find it. Follow what he says to do and you'll be fine. If you have any questions let me know.

Do you have an oil extractor? I have this one. Works really great! I'm impressed. This oil is highly recommended.
101283 101284

Oil filter:
101285 101286

Search ebay, Amazon and even Walmart for best prices.

@ScarabMike has provide tons of great info regarding our engines. Do a search and you'll learn a lot. :winkingthumbsup"

boobie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes I have an oil extractor, and the oil kit with plugs so I can do it...its just that code, but yeah Thanks a MILLION!!

boobie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey!! guys i got the CanDoo Pro and work GREAT!!! , got the code reset N the hours reset, and oil change Done!!! thanks dean..

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey!! guys i got the CanDoo Pro and work GREAT!!! , got the code reset N the hours reset, and oil change Done!!! thanks dean..
You're welcome! Glad you figured it out. Thanks for letting me know. :winkingthumbsup"

boobie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey dean hope everything is going well..