• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starboard Motor Trouble Cranking (Trouble Shooting Help)

BradGoins

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
First thank you for the help in advance.

Last couple times I have taken the boat out, the starboard motor has given me some problems starting up. The port fires up right away but the starboard is acting up.

After turning the key to start the starboard motor I'm just hearing a clicking sounds from the engine compartment. The engine doesn't try and turn over. However, if I hold the key in the starting position for about 5-8 second the motor will start to turn over and fire right up. After running, I have no issues until I turn the motor back off and have to repeat the starting process of hold the key for 5-8 second.

I'm thinking this could maybe be a starter relay but wanted to see if you guys had other places to check before exploring that path.

Again, thanks for the help.

2 things you could have someone turn the key and you tap a hammer on the side of the starter to check if the solenoid is getting a little sticky..........last switch the ignition's switches this will eliminate that possible problem. OPPS forgot add a temp ground wire to that starter......bad grounding wires can cause what you are describing,

Back