• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Starting issue on one engine.

Wheelz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I ran out of fuel. Was towed back in. Filled up... one engine starts. The other engine had a hard time starting but would fire. Once I got it out to the river and applied higher rpm both ran perfect for hours. This happened for the first couple of runs. I figured dirt in the lines. Now the one engine stills runs perfect but the other engine starts and then shuts off. Any suggestions? Fuel filter??

You may have sucked up dirt or water from the bottom of the tank. I believe you have screens rather than filters in your fuel tank. You may have also got dirt in your injectors. Try several cans of Seafoam incase the injectors are dirty. You can also check the screens on the fuel pumps to see if they're dirty.

Thanks for the reply. When I got back to the dock I pulled both Yamaha covers open. All looked ok. I checked the oil. The oil with the problematic engine seemed to have more oil???? Would fuel be getting into the oil? Not sure if that happens on these engines. Both engine felt and snarky the same.

I am trying to remember @Wheelz . Does your boat have the 1.8 liter or MR-1 motors. If MR-1 it is possible you have a fuel injector staying open. However, I would start with @Gym suggestion and go from there. Perhaps an oil change would also be in order.

The oil with the problematic engine seemed to have more oil????

You need to expand on this a little more,

More oil than the other engine?
More oil than the last time you checked?

Where is it on the dipstick?
Does the oil smell like fuel?

Back