• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Starting issue or starter issue?

Watsx195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
2018 sx195 the supercharged 1.8
200 hours
Starter will spin but the engine does not spin at all.
The starter is spinning freely.
I replaced the starter, cleaned electrical contacts . Checked safety switches.
Changed oil and plugs after it was towed for 3 hours off the water.

I did notice the gear the starter mates with is able to free spin as well both ways if that matters. The starter is good I replaced it on the advice it was the starter. The starter doesn't seem to use a bendix system.
Part number 5 in the link below spins freely which is why I think it sounds like the starter is spinning freely

So is parts number 1 a potential issue.

[USERGROUP=9]@HELP[/USERGROUP]
Thanks in advance I have been looking at many topics in this forum I cannot find any info ...if anyone can suggest a old post that would be rad as well.

Last edited:
Back