• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering cable broke again- 2020 255 open

W255openID

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Does anyone know the replacement part for the steering cable assembly on a 255 open? Unfortunately this is the 2nd time in 2 years this has happened. When the boat would sit for a few days unused the steering would start to feel crunchy and ultimately would get worse and worse until finally it would be completely siezed up. I have my boat at the shop but they are unable to get ahold of the parts department at Scarab, I have also called several times and get nothing but voicemails... at this point, I just want to get the part number and see if I can find one and get it shipped to my dealer, any help would be appreciated! I would look at the part number on my boat, but the boat is at the shop now.

blthlt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
If you're not on the facebook group, I would post there. You'll get way quicker info.1654708607457.png

W255openID

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
For some reason I can't open that QR code link. Are you referring to scarab Facebook group?

W255openID

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Looks like the part is on back order til the end of June.... anyone know the replacement part number? Or the manufacturer (Teleflex or Seastar maybe?)

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I think the part you need is: 040-0804 SCAR CABLE, STEERING JET RACK 18' #4690515

Hope this helps. But, still out of stock as of today - July 12, 2022.

BuckInNC

Paul Dufault

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I also have a broken steering cable on my 255 open. The second time in a year. My dealer stopped answering the phone. Has anyone found a good place to get one? and is thgis part number correct. All input is appreciated

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Ordered mine from my dealer: Performance East - Goldsboro, NC (919) 731-4288. Got it about 3 weeks ago. They were then back in stock.

BuckInNC

Paul Dufault

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
I was able to order it from a great dealer in LA. Lafayette power sports. He says I should have it by Friday. Readily available at this point. Scarab must have gotten the long awaited shipment in. Thanks for your response.

BuckInNC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Glad it worked out for you. You're right, that really is a great dealer down there.