• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Steering cable Question

srj1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Long time lurker, first time poster. Love all the knowledge everyone shares in this forum. Found this problem on my starboard side steering cable as it exits the back of the boat (2014 212x). Also showing the port side as it shows how the cable, apparently, should look. Not real sure if this is just a failed crimp along with that thin rubber and could possibly be repaired, or if the cable needs to be replaced?.?. Have never had to change a steering cable and really have no knowledge about them, so just unsure what the deal is... Thanks for any help! Scott JIMG_1126.JPG IMG_1127.JPG

srj1

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Ilmmct Thanks for the info. I was assuming that I would have to replace cable, just hoping someone would say it wasn't necessary to save me some work.... Having never seen a new cable (let alone installed one) was not real sure if this was a joint that maybe could just be joined back together in some way, but apparently that was wishful thinking. Thanks for the help.