• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Stereo help..

WOOSAB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the original stereo that came with my 2008 sx230 finally went out. So I figured I mise well go ahead and change out the speakers add some amps ect. I went out and purchased several JL audio marine 6.5 same speakers I use in my harley. Cut several holes on the inside of the boat and on swim deck to add speakers. Get my speakers in start running lines ect. Take the old deck out and realize it's not plug and play. Recently took a kenwood head unit out of harley so figured I'd use it here.. anyone know the wiring harness code or to any head unit that's plug and play?

Attachments

• IMG_1095.JPG
    IMG_1095.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
This is what the back of the kenwood looks like

Attachments

• IMG_1096.JPG
    IMG_1096.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
I just installed a new Kenwood deck in my boat yesterday. Looking through the manual I do not see a part number for listed anywhere.

When I did mine I soldered all the new HU wires to the plug from the boat so it was plug and play after that.

If I am understand correct he dors not have the plug for the HU he is wanting to install.

Okay sorry for the confusion on my end.

I have the plug it just doesn't have all the same wires.. was just hoping they made a plug or adaptor to make it plug and play.. thought this project was going to be a 1 nite thing.. smh

I see, I apologize. I had the same problem yesterday while installing my HU, it went pretty quick though snip soilder heat shrink, repeat, repeat , repeat.

It isn't that bad, here is the diagram for the JBL you took out its 11 wires to solder or crimp together. I know it's a little more work but not that bad. Hope this helps.IMG_2022.JPG

If you are running amps you only need to worry about the blue, red, yellow, and black wires....

Yea guess I'm going to have to start cutting and crimping wires together

Back