• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

stereo issues

BMorrison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a recently acquired 2019 AR190, great boat, we've been having a blast fishing, floating and pulling the kids tubing. However I'm experiencing intermittent stereo blips. The previous owner had rigged 4 rockville's on the tower and not bridged the amp running them off 1 channel so that has been rewired and a new amp ordered. However the intermittent loss of sound on the stereo is something I'm having trouble with on the internal speakers, it will lose sound completely turning the volume down and then stays at one volume when it's turned back up a level. I've rewired under the main console and that should be sound. Has anybody else experienced this or is it worth replacing the stereo unit? The only thing I can think is checking if the polarity has been reversed taking each interior speaker out one by one and rewiring them all. (this is on bluetooth connection samsung galaxy s24 ultra)

Sorry for the long introductory post, any help is appreciated.

Is it the Jensen stereo unit? That was the first thing to break on my 2020 SX 190. Similar symptoms after I got caught in a rain storm. I replaced it with the Kicker 46KMC2 and no problems since. It fits in the same hole and is a pretty easy swap. I used this little dremel bit to clean up the hole to get the new unit in.

Kicker 46KMC2: Amazon.com
Dremel Bit: Amazon.com

Last edited:
Is it the Jensen stereo unit? That was the first thing to break on my 2020 SX 190. Similar symptoms after I got caught in a rain storm. I replaced it with the Kicker 46KMC2 and no problems since. It fits in the same hole and is a pretty easy swap. I used this little dremel bit to clean up the hole to get the new unit in.

Kicker 46KMC2: Amazon.com
Dremel Bit: Amazon.com
It's the clarion gb10bt looking at maybe swapping for the JBL wondering if the previous owner damaged the rear pf the unit back there dinking around.

Back